Answered By: Rose Gillen Last Updated: Nov 05, 2020 Views: 454
Classes Learning Management System (LMS) - Starting in January, 2021 the online component courses will be facilitated through the use of an LMS called Classes. To access Classes, go to https://classes.pace.edu , provide your Pace credentials (username and password) and click the, "LOGIN" button. Classes is Pace's version of the Brightspace LMS, developed by the company, Desire to Learn (D2L).
Hardware Requirements - It is necessary to have access to a computer that is capable of allowing you to participate fully in the online portion of this course. Information Technology Services (ITS) recommends hardware configurations on their webpage:
Computer Laboratories - Computers are available to you in the university labs, including the New York City Tech Zone (212.346.1698) and the Pleasantville Computer Resource Center (914.773.3642). Hours of operation, locations, services, policies, etc., are found at:
Classes Training for Students - There are multiple resources for student training, including:
1. Student Online Learning Orientation (SOLO) Community - After you log in to Classes, you can find the community in the list of courses on the left side of the page, or you can search for the title using the course selector tool at the top (it looks like a waffle with three rows of three square dots). This orientation is intended to make certain you are familiar with online learning at Pace and specifically with our Learning Management System, Classes.
2. YouTube Video Tutorial Playlist You can also click the, "Help" button in the blue navigation bar at the top of Classes and select, "Video Tutorials" to access the YouTube video playlist.
3. When you are in Classes, click the, "Help" button in the blue navigation bar at the top and select, "Documentation". On the documentation page, click, "Learners" on the left side. See the list of most popular topics on the left side, the full list of documentation on the right side, and click on your desired content.
4. Go to https://www.pace.edu/classes and click the, "Resources" link on the left side of the page. Scroll down to the, "CLASSES QUICK START" area, and select the, "GETTING STARTED WITH CLASSES FOR STUDENTS" accordion to access videos for students.
Classes Support for Students - Support is available from the company, Desire to Learn (D2L), and from Pace's Office of Academic Technology.
1. While in Classes, click the, "Help" link in the navigation bar at the top of the page and select, "Need Help? Click Here!" See, "TOP QUESTIONS - FOR STUDENTS" or click, "STUDENT" in the grey navigation bar to access more questions and answers.
2. While in Classes, click the, "Help" link in the navigation bar at the top of the page and select, "Need Help? Click Here!" Click, "CONTACT SUPPORT" in the grey navigation bar. Click, "Support Request Form" to enter a help ticket. Click, "CHAT WITH SUPPORT" at the bottom-right for immediate access to a technician via chat. For immediate access to a support technician via phone, call 1.877.325.7778.
3. For assistance from Pace's Office of Academic Technology, send an email to email@example.com providing specific information about your issue along with the course information (CRN) and your contact information.